Monday, January 4, 2010

Random thoughts (10) "New Years Resolution"



With the New Year, comes change:

A time to grow, a time to learn from today,
to avoid our mistakes from yesterday
and better ourselves for tomorrow...


I have made a ton of goals in my life, completed some and failed on many. This year is an important year to me for many reasons, but my biggest goal in life has always been to be happy. I know that being happy and being healthy comes hand in hand. As I get older I know that my body and mind is something I need to keep in “check” and its this reason why I have chosen exercise as my New Years Resolution.

To be more specific my New Years Resolution is to complete over 160 hours of CARDIO/EXERCISE and to eat BETTER. To break it down: its about 3 hours a week in the gym and to be more discipline on what i eat. I know its not much, but I have to start somewhere. I currently go to the gym about 2-3 times a week, but its mostly not goal oriented, just go in, workout and leave. On the eating front i have to cut out my two biggest problems: my sugar intake (SODA/SWEETS) and eating crap (FAST FOOD/SNACKS). I know if i can combine a better eating habit with a better goals in the gym, I can create a healthier ME!

I look at where I was 5 years ago and where I might be in 5 years with the pace that I’m currently at, its scary! I have to do this, not just for me, but also for my family/friends. I want to be able to look back to today, 5 years from know, reading this and thanking myself for what i have done. WISH ME LUCK!


...The best thing about today, is knowing I will be better tomorrow.

-ML

No comments:

Post a Comment