Friday, February 19, 2010

Random thoughts (13) "Golf: Out with the OLD, In with the NEW"

Golf equipment is one of the most important aspects to a player’s game. You have to have confidence with the equipment you use. Over the past couple of years I’ve been shifting between companies and I’ve been playing with a mix bag. I wasn’t too happy with the fact that my golf bag wasn’t uniformed. After thinking about it for a couple of months I decided to change things up. I want to uniform my set as much as possible, without limiting my ability with certain clubs. I know from history, statistics and playing characteristics that my driver without a doubt will always be Callaway. The problem is I don’t like Callaway Irons. I currently had Mizuno Irons, but didn’t like anything else from Mizuno. With these small problems I decided it was best to sell my entire golf set and rebuild it from scratch. With doing this I hope I know what I’m doing and not regret my decision.


OLD SET: NEW SET:
Driver: Callaway Ft-9 ------------------Callaway Ft-iz
3 Wood: Adams Insight -----------------Titleist F2
5 Wood: Callaway Warbird --------------Titleist F2
Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-hi -------------------Titleist 909H
5-PW: Mizuno MX-25 -------------------Titleist AP1 - AP2
SW: Callaway Forged --------------------Titleist Vokey
LW: Mizuno MP -------------------------Titleist Vokey
XW: Callaway X -------------------------Titleist Vokey
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #9 -----------Titleist S. Cameron Napa

No comments:

Post a Comment